Monday, July 23, 2007

A COLLECTOR'S GUIDE TO ALFRED CHENEY JOHNSTON

Long before I ever thought of approaching a "real" publisher about writing a book on Alfred Cheney Johnston, I decided I would try my hand at self-publishng a collector's guide on ACJ's incredible work. At the time I wasn't very computer savy so I in effect produced a handmade price guide. It was a labor of love so I didn't mind all the hands on work it entailed. When I finally had my "master" compiled I had about 100 pages. I would take those master sheets to a nearby copy center and xerox the pages setting it up so each sheet of paper was printed on both sides. No easy task to figure out how to do that but with a little experimentation I got the hang of it. I brought the pages home and using a binding machine I'd purchased I would spiral bind the individual hard copies of "A Collector's Guide To Alfred Cheney Johnston". Eventually and thankfully a friend told me about a new phonomena sweeping the Internet....EBOOKS! I was given a whirlwind explanation of how to create a digital ebook and before long I had translated all my information and images from my master hardcopy into an ebook that could be read off a CD-ROM. You can read more about this price guide with its 600 plus images organized into 6 distintive galleries at http://alfredcheneyjohnston.com/Catalog.htm